Bajar days

 

Bajar days

A recall of my youth, in a short poem form of a short-lived time in Sri Lanka

Denzil Jayasinghe
1 min read·Mar 28

Oh, the memories of Bajar days,

When life was simple, in so many ways.

My friends knew me, through and through,

And I knew them, just like they knew.

We’d stroll around the neighbourhood,

Lost in conversation, feeling good.

No worries for the time or day,

Just enjoying each other, come what may.

We’d celebrate our wins and fails,

And we’d pick each other up, without any nails.

Our headless youth was such a sight,

We were just kids, everything was alright.

But now we’re all grown up and busy,

Our schedules filled, it makes me dizzy.

We compare calendars, but it’s all the same,

Eventually one of us cancels, we’re all to blame.

Adulthood’s too exhausted to leave our homes,

We’re too tired to call, or even roam.

I miss the sense of belonging, that once was mine,

When life was easier, and everything was just fine.

Oh, those Bajar days, they seem so far,

But the memories we have, will never be marred.

Our friendships may have changed with time,

But the love we share, will always shine.

Subscribe to my stories https://djayasi.medium.com/subscribe.

The images belong to the original owners.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyril Stanley

My experiences of rebellions

Arya Sinhala